June 19, 2012

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Title: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Ships Launched: 769
Pages: 304
Publisher: Little, Brown Books
Year Published: 2011
Genre: Romance/Mystery
Synopsis: Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come. When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Ahlorha: I really liked this book. It kept me guessing and surprised me, which is always nice. Predictable books are so annoying. It's like, "Oh, she's the long-lost Princess of Whatever-Country? No way!" Forgotten was many things, but predictable was not one of them. One of my favorite things about this book is the romance. London and Luke are just the most adorable couple; they remind me a bit of Xavier and Beth from Halo. London's condition scares me, though. Imagine waking up and only being able to remember your future! I just cannot even begin to picture that. Yes, the story was sometimes a bit doubtful, but it's a story. An adorable story with a little mystery thrown in. Overall, Forgotten was a cute and mysterious read that made me smile and gasp with surprise (cheesy as that sounds). SHIPS LAUNCHED: 779

 Gemma: Forgotten surprised me. When I first picked the book up I did not expect it to be a mind-boggling mystery with twists and turns. Most of all I did not expect an adorable romance that brought many smiles to my eyes. The idea of forgetting your past and only being able to remember the future is unthinkable, yet London manages to live life even though she knows how everything will end. Forgotten was a good read that was a great thrill. SHIPS LAUNCHED: 760



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! :)